Do you have missing teeth? Are you suffering from the issue of decayed teeth? You must have then visited emergency dentist near me for getting the problem treated. The orthodontist near me must have told you to opt for dental cleaning followed by tooth filling. Experts at dentist offices near me state that dental filling is a treatment modality to restore the missing tooth structure. The stuffing also protects the decayed teeth from further rooting. The dental decay makes the tooth hollow from inside. The dental filling helps to fill the gap in not just the decayed teeth but also in between the teeth. The fillings are also used to repair broken or cracked tooth and teeth which wear off due to accidents, trauma, teeth grinding or nail-biting.
When does one need dental fillings?
As per cosmetic Fillings Teeth Houston, there are various signs and symbols where the fillings are required. Here are the common symptoms which indicate the requirement of dental filling:
• A hole in your tooth
• Dark spots on the tooth
• Food stuck between some regions of the teeth
• Chipped or broken tooth
• Sensitivity to hot and cold food and beverage
• Single or multiple cavities
• Decayed tooth
• Pain in the tooth
• Bleeding gums
• Swollen gums
In case one spot any of these symptoms, then you need to opt for teeth fillings. The decision for the type of filling required is dependent upon the dentist post examination.
What is the procedure of dental filling?
Broken teeth filling usually is required to enhance the aesthetics of the smile and also increase the functionality of the mouth. It also prevents the further decay of the teeth. Here is the procedure of dental fillings.
• The very first step in this process is to see how severe the infected tooth is. This is because Dental Filling is only suitable for minor fractures and decay
• The dentist then examines the tooth, and if required, an X-ray would be done for precise information
• Depending upon the extent of decay, local anaesthesia is administered to make the area around the infected tooth numb
• Then the decayed or damaged tooth or the areas around it is prepared for restoration
• If the tooth is damaged, then a dental handpiece or a laser can be used to remove the damaged part
• A filling is then applied to the area to fill the cavity. The type of filling will depend upon case to case and person to person
• Finally, the finished tooth can be polished to conclude the dental filling procedure
What are the different types of dental fillings?
Dental fillings are of several types. The material of the dental fillings is dependent upon the condition of the decay. Here are the different types of dental fillings.
This is the traditional form of filling that is inexpensive and lasts for usually 10-15 years. Silver is the most sorted after dental filling.
These types of fillings are made with a combination of several types of metals. These type of fillings have high strength.
Composite fillings front teeth are of the same tooth colour and bond well with the teeth structure.
The porcelain fillings are known to improve the aesthetics of the teeth. They are extended-lasting filling and do not stain or wear off quickly.
For more information about dental fillings, visit dentisttomballtx.com.