Veneers are excellent cosmetic options for a wide range of aesthetic problems. Patients generally do have teeths that are stained, misshapen, or chipped. They might be interested in veneers near me to enhance the look of their smile. But before undergoing the veneers procedure, all they need to know about is how long veneers last and how they maximise the lifespan of your teeth.
If you are searching for an immediate response to the questions, how do veneers last? Then the study shows that the reasonably anticipated period for veneers is at least 10 years and more than this. Although, the durability generally does often boil down to various factors, such as how they are taken care of and placed properly in the right position of the mouth.
Further, let’s have a look at the entire article to know more about the veneers.
What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers near me are the thin shell and tooth-colored material designed to cover the front surface of teeth to enhance the looks. The custom-made shells are attached to the front of the teeth varying their shape, color, length, or size.
What are the types of dental veneers and how long do they last?
Dental veneers come in three different kinds and they are-
- Porcelain veneers – the normal lifespan of porcelain veneers is 10 years but they do last for 20 years with good maintenance and care.
- Instant veneers – several brands are available in these veneers and many of them claim to last as long as dental veneers. But as per the knowledge, the 5 years of lifespan is normal for such no-prep or instant veneers.
- Composite veneers – these last for 3 years, because unlike the porcelain veneers they are made up of non-durable materials, and they have high maintenance.
What are the problems that are fixed by dental veneers?
The Houston cosmetic dentist states that dental veneers are continuously used to fix the following issues-
- Worn-down teeth
- Teeth that discolored because of RCT, stains, large resin fillings, excessive fluoride, etc.
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Teeth that have gaps in between them
- Misaligned teeth
What is the dental veneers process?
Having a procedure of dental veneer generally needs three visits to the best dental office near me ie; one for a consultation and the second to get the treatment of veneers. The process of veneers will undergo with one tooth or many teeth at the same moment.
Here are the steps that involve in the veneers process are as follows-
- Examination and treatment planning
- Preparation plans
- Bonding of the teeth
What are the benefits of dental veneers?
Listed below are some of the benefits or advantages of veneers –
- Durable and long-lasting
- Do not need much reshaping like crowns, instead, they are strong and give a good look
- The process is much faster and pain-free
- They are stain-resistant qualities
- Gives you a natural looks
- Fewer chances to use an anesthesia
- They are available in the colors to match your teeth shade
Hopefully! The above article has given you complete information about the dental veneers Houston. Also, they get to know how long your veneers last. Further, if you have any questions then do contact the dentist open on Saturday near me.