Swollen legs or when legs feel heavy is not always a normal condition, often it could be a severe situation. Heavy legs are frequently called as legs that feel weighted, strong, and weak as if the legs are difficult to raise and move ahead. It might almost seem as if you are moving around a 5-pound bag of flour. A type of conditions can create this feeling. The first step to remedy is discovering the underlying cause. You can go for a Restless Leg Syndrome Diagnosis Near Me.
Common symptoms of Leg Swelling Symptoms may include:
- dullness or deadness in the leg
- beating pain in one or both legs
- feeling coldness or itching in the legs
- Trouble in walking or standing as the day goes on
- spider veins
- Varicose veins
- blemish in the area, such as the leg turning pale or blue
Some home remedies may help in dealing with signs before a therapy plan is in place. Here are a few remedies you can try to get relief from the swollen legs:
- Raise the legs – When the legs are raised, the body does not have to operate as active to draw the blood and other fluids out of the legs. Using a reclining chair or stool to raise the feet and legs to simply above the heart level may help revive the blood in the legs and reduce some of the pressure the legs feel during the day. If you do not get relief go for the Heavy Leg Syndrome Treatment.
- Shift the position – Avoid sitting or standing in a similar position for too long, as this could make signs more harmful. Shifting the position of the body may help improve blood flowing.
- Wear compression socks – Tight compression socks or compression stockings may help improve blood flow in the leg. This may be particularly important in people who must sit or stand at the job for long periods. You can also get leg cramp relief.
- Reduce sodium consumption – Decreasing salt intake may decrease signs and distress created by swelling in people whose legs feel heavy and swollen legs. Specialists may also prescribe that some people reduce their water consumption, but this usually depends on the remedies they are taking.
- Quit smoking – Smoking can negatively influence the flow in the body and impact signs like heavy legs. Avoiding hot baths – Heat can enlarge the veins, which may make it harder for blood to circulate throughout the legs. While wetting the feet may help in some cases, it may make some people feel more distressed. This could also be used as a leg cramps treatment.
- Lose weight – Being overweight or obese is a danger factor in many issues creating heavy legs. Losing weight may help decrease the possibility of these signs.
- Stay productive – Improving daily movement levels may help with some risk factors. Mild-to-moderate activities, such as brisk walking, cycling, or swimming, may assist keep the blood pumping through the body and improve other risk circumstances like weight and blood pressure.
- Be generous with an exercise – While exercise is excellent for the body and mind, too much can cause hurt. People should have rest days and breaks from vigorous exercise as required to limit overexertion. Visit the doctor near me for more details.