If you are suffering from varicose veins, your surroundings must have suggested you visit a vein doctor. But having doubts in your head you’ll never be able to visit a doctor. Some people assume or think about “what doctor treats varicose veins” or whom should I visit? Having these doubts always stops them from getting treatment. For those, we have a piece of in-depth information about varicose vein treatments and who you should visit for the treatment. To know more make sure to read this article till the end.
What doctor treats varicose veins?
Many of you must have heard of a vein specialist, vein specialist is an expert who specializes in the medical field in varicose vein treatment. If you are looking for varicose vein treatment make sure to search on the web for vein specialists and visit the best out of them. For diagnosing your varicose veins your vein specialist will examine your legs by making you sit, stand, and move to examine the amount of swelling you have in your legs. Your vein specialist may recommend an ultrasound test to see if the valves in your veins are functioning normally or not. If in your test it came out that you have a blood clot in your nerves, your doctor will make a treatment plan for you.
There are many treatments available for varicose veins, all you need to do is little research. Here are two types of treatments available for treating your veins:
1. Home remedies:
Here are some home remedies which you can try doing at your home for treating your varicose veins:
- You can exercise including walking, cycling, swimming, walking which will help you open your blood clots.
- Many people must have suggested you lose weight because being overweight can be the cause of varicose veins.
- Make sure not to wear tight clothes
- Avoid standing and sitting for a long period of an hour
- Wear compression stocking, these sticklers will build pressure on your legs which will help your hold reduce pain with proper blood circulation which leads to opening blood clots. You can buy these compression stockings at any medical store, these stockings are mostly suggested by doctors so you don’t have to be worried about side effects.
2. Medical treatments:
If you are none of the above treatments helped treat your varicose veins make sure to visit your vein doctor and ask for getting these treatments done:
You can ask your doctor for this treatment, this procedure is used to close the veins that are small in size and have scars.
Sclerotherapy is massively effective if done correctly. Your doctor will not provide you with anesthesia for this procedure.
- Foam sclerotherapy of large veins
This procedure includes the Injection of a large vein, this treatment is to close a vein and seal it.
- Laser treatment.
Your doctor may use advanced technology in laser treatments to close all your smaller varicose veins and spider veins.
We hope you liked this article and now know what is the treatment available for varicose veins and whom you should visit for getting it treated. If you want to know more make sure to visit a nearby vein specialist for getting more information about this treatment.