Numerous children have been born with crooked and missing teeth. Misalignment of teeth is common in children but kids are afraid of correction of jaw and teeth with braces because of several reasons such as how well they look, or what if they get bullied in school because of braces. But it is important to know about when and why your child needs braces.
In this article we have mentioned everything about braces that a parent should know involves all important aspects, so do make sure of reading this article till the very end as it will be a help for you in the future treatment of your child and maybe for someone. If you are someone searching for the best braces dentist near me, then do make sure to visit our website as we have the best orthodontist that offers expertise treatment.
What are the causes of misalignment in children?
Misalignment can be caused due to several reasons including:
- Using of a pacifier after the age of 3
- Prolonged bottle-feeding,
- Thumb sucking in early childhood,
- Injuries and tumors in the mouth or jaw
- Weirdly shaped teeth,
- Impacted teeth
How do to know if your child needs braces?
We have mentioned some signs and symptoms that show you may require orthodontic treatment. If your child is suffering from any of these dental irregularities then you should know your child needs braces.
- Challenging in chewing and biting
- Teeth grinding (bruxism)
- Bad breath
- Thumb sucking
- Teeth crowding
- Missing teeth
- Blocked teeth
- Tooth loss
- Jaw misalignment
What is the right age of getting braces?
We have asked board-certified orthodontists near me what is the best suitable age for children to get braces and found that kids can put on braces after the age of 10 years or 14 years. This is the ideal age in kids for teeth straightening because at this age the mouth grows at its pace and which makes the teeth straightening process easier.
What are the things parents should know before their child gets braces?
We have mentioned some facts that you should consider while preparing your child braces so make sure to read these considerations carefully:
- Before getting braces you should always welcome your child for discussion about braces
- Speaking with your child about their expectations with braces will make you understand what are the things you should do for treatment.
- While your child has gone for treatment you should ensure soft food is stocked at the house.
- Help your child by speaking to them with every difficulty
- Make them comfortable
- Tell them several benefits of braces which will help them keep their morale high
- Ask your child which type of braces he/she wants to get. As many kids are likely to grab braces bands (braces band colors) which are popular and have different color braces.
We hope you liked this article and it was somewhere helpful in knowing about why it is important to get braces for your children when he/she is suffering from several signs we have mentioned above. If your child wants to get colorful braces then make sure to visit an orthodontist nearby for the best braces color ideas for your colorful braces.